A day long Yoga retreat for people newer to yoga, or for those wanting to consolidate their understanding of yoga alignment and practice.
Perhaps you have tried out some online yoga videos or taken a few studio classes? Maybe you’ve enjoyed them and felt the benefits, but have some niggling questions……”Am I doing this right?” or “How do I get beyond feeling like a beginner?”
On this day retreat we will start with some fundamental principles of yoga movement. You’ll be learning in a friendly group environment with the opportunity to ask questions. All movements will have options and progressions so you’ll never feel out of your depth. At the same time, whether you’re a total beginner or have been going to classes for a while, by the end of the day, you’ll feel like you’ve worked every part of your body.
- You will come away feeling confident to attend studio yoga classes and to do a simple yoga practice at home on your own.
- You will learn key guiding principles to keep you safe from injury.
- You will be able to adjust your yoga to be more energising or more relaxing, as you need.
- You will learn some useful tips on how to make yoga a regular part of your week.
- You will gain access to further practice resources – videos, an online practice group, and books/podcast recommendations.
- You will make some yoga buddies and have a lovely day in the countryside and….
- You will feel awesome!
The retreat includes 2 yoga sessions, a delicious, nutritious lunch and a walk in the lovely Sussex countryside. Lunch, transport to and from the train station, all props are provided. Please bring your own yoga mat.
10-10:30 Introduction and warm up movement
10:30-12:30 Active Yoga Practice
12:30-2:00 Lunch and a countryside walk
2:00-4:00 Relaxing Yoga Practice
4:00-4:30 Q&A and taking your yoga further
Westmeston Village Hall is set in fields and trees, right at the foot of the South Downs.
1 hour from London Bridge or London Victoria to Hassocks station (Brighton mainline) Lifts from Hassocks station to Westmeston are provided (approx 8 mins).
All yoga props provided. Please bring your own mat.
Lunch and return transport to Hassocks station included.
18 places. Booking open