My Teaching Code of Ethics
1. To share my knowledge, experience and enthusiasm with students to inspire them to explore the practices of yoga
2. To create and hold a safe and supportive space for students to develop and explore the practice of yoga.
Maintaining an environment of mutual respect in class,
Maintaining confidentiality with students. Ensuring students also respect this approach.
Ensuring the class atmosphere is friendly and welcoming and is inclusive for everyone in all our glorious diversity,
Ensuring students feel encouraged but never pressured to do anything beyond their current willingness,
3. Ensuring students feel comfortable asking questions or for support during class or afterwards.
4. To answer questions truthfully and to seek answers when I do not know.
Ensuring students know their personal boundaries will be respected with regards to any physical adjustments,
Giving students clear opportunities to give feedback which will be listened to carefully and responded to.
5. To be reliable and punctual with class times, start and end, and to be prepared for all classes.
6. To develop and maintain appropriate professional working student-teacher relationships.
7. To teach appropriately and safely for any injuries and other health issues and to advise students to seek professional advice where appropriate.
8. To hold up-to-date and valid insurance for my students and myself and to undertake regular professional development.
9. To inspire and empower students to develop and maintain their own personal yoga practice.